Monday, March 21, 2011

Differently Shaped Frames


Incorporating a gallery wall into my apartment is high on my list - and when I saw this gorgeous and simple one from Elle Decor I knew I had to save it in the inspiration files. When coming back to visit the image I noticed how much I love the triangle piece on the wall, adding an element of surprise! 

I included a few other differently shaped frames as inspiration, from long rectangular, 
 to circular, 
 And I just loved this wonderful twist of the unexpected hanging option...


*Images via Elle Decor, Kevin Corn Interiors, MKC Photography & Pottery Barn

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the last image (frames hung on ribbon)...it adds such a lovely extra detail!

Melissa said...

What a fun post! I love when there are different shaped/sized frames hanging on the side of a wall going up a flight of stairs. This always looks so great.

Anonymous said...

The gallery walls are so fun.The different shapes are so different and interesting.Having been really thinking I want to do a wall of pictures with warm, chestnut color to the frame.Thank you for the inspiration.

Simple Dwellings said...

Great post! The rectangular frames are my favorite! I also love gallery walls, and I love that these think outside the box!

Renae Moore said...

Wow! I love the look of the rectangular frames!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

I love the 2nd image with the long, rectangular frames. It is somewhat unexpected to me and adds a little interest, but is still a cohesive set.

Catherine Vu said...

wonderful use of framing! really brings out a room, the triangular frames really stood out.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!