Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bedroom Fort

While I was looking through the pictures on the House Beautiful website, I came upon a recurring theme; gorgeous flowing canopy beds. I have such a love for these beds...you can check out my post last year on {canopy beds here}. These beds remind me of forts that my sisters and I used to make and it is like having your own fort in your bedroom! These however, are a lot more romantic, comfy and beautiful. When i used to make forts, they would be made from sheets, sofa cushions and whatever I could find that would allow me a few hours of solitude. I'm ready for a grown-up fort in my bedroom!

Love these colors together!
This room needs a bookshelf!
*Images compliments of House Beautiful

10 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Each is as stunning as the next..dreamy and romantic, the kind of room you just want to linger in and not leave!! Beautiful.....

Tote said...

they are all beautiful! I would take any one of them.

Susan

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Beautiful, I have been drawn to canopy beds lately too, they are so romantic.

The Goods Design said...

Totally agree - love these beds!

JMW said...

I always wanted a canopy bed when I was a girl - something so princess-y about it. Although, now, I see it as a place to escape, curl up with a good book and enjoy a long nap. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE that first image, so feminine and fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful bedrooms. I could curl up in any one of them.

LiveLikeYou said...

There's something to be said about being able to close out your surroundings and go to sleep. I think back in the old days in Sweden they used it only as a way to stay warmer, they closed it all the way.

Julie said...

These are gorgeous! I had a cute little twin sized canopy bed when I was little, and I adored it. Can't wait to have a bedroom big enough to hold one again as a grown up!

SHERRY HART said...

I love that first bedroom...the blush/pink color is so soothing!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!