Sunday, March 18, 2012

Maine Chintz

We were so excited to see this project of Tom Scheerer's in Northeast Harbor Maine. This is a place of many summer visits. An Aunt and Uncle and cousins have homes here, and many weddings have been celebrated and countless clam bakes have been had by all. So when we saw this house decorated in this traditional, updated style, it just spoke to us. Scheerer used local products in decorating the house. Click here for a range of beautiful 
wicker baskets from the Holding Company. The antique upholstery was reworked, botanical and naturalist prints were hung on the walls, but the shining glory was the chintz and beautiful wallpapers used throughout the house. 

Images compliments of:Tom Sheerer, House Beautiful

9 comments:

DomesticJenny said...

What a gorgeous house! I love all the fun patterned fabric!

Kathysue said...

I love the way this home looks like it was done over a long period of time. It looks like a home not just a beautifully design house. I like that!! Kathysue

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Beautiful home, I loved the bird gallery wall...so fun.

Melissa said...

Love this! It makes me want to take a trip up to Maine, lets go! The room with the twin beds and the continuous headboard that is used for both rooms is such a great idea and would love to try that sometime!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

I have never been to Maine.
However, the style this home is decorated in is so cozy and warm.
The first picture I save to my inspiration file because it is the exact layout of a current problem in a little project I am working on.
Thanks so much for posting these.
Perhaps one day I can get up that way.






Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

What a beautiful home! I'm smitten with the cozy little breakfast nook... I've always envisioned something similar for my one-day dream home! xo

A Delightful Design said...

I am dying over the wallpaper in the guest room. Love the feel of these designs. Great post!
abby

I Dream Of said...

So pretty! Love the little breakfast nook.

Thanks so much for following a long.

CHIC Sensibility... said...

Wow, such great photos! Beautiful!!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!