Monday, May 2, 2011

Vacation Reads


Come Thursday the boyfriend and I will be on a plane to Mexico with a couple of our friends. To say we are beyond excited would be an extreme understatement! This will be my first vacation, besides going home for the holidays, in almost six years. 

Lots of relaxing and a few fun activities are on the itinerary. I am so looking forward to diving into a few books and being able to read to my hearts content. I've got two on my list, Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff and The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. One that will sure to give me a great story of a woman that I've been enamored with for as long as I can remember. The other will be the perfect beach read! 


So I was hoping you all could recommend one more to bring on my trip. 
Read anything great lately?!

10 comments:

with fists! said...

If you're excited about Cleopatra, there a book about Helen of Troy (writtem by an historian) that you might like!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400076005/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0670037788&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0W6X8ERYHYDPRXZHX3A5

Also, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series is amazing!

Laura Trevey said...

I definitely want to check out the Island!!

Anonymous said...

The BEST book that we have all read lately is THE HELP...I promise you won't be able to put it down...Enjoy!

Kristin said...

Color me jealous! I would LOVE to be going on a vaycay right now. Le sigh. Have a blast!

Julie said...

Recently, I've loved the Paris Wife, As Always, Julia and Rebecca. Happy vacation to you!

Marley said...

I just purchased The Help and it received rave reviews....hope that "helps" : )

Melissa said...

I just finished the Help and am about to start "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness. Will let you know how it is!

Cassandra C said...

Thank you all for the wonderful recommendations! I just finished reading "The Help" and it was AMAZING!!!! Keep the books comin'!

Colette said...

Loved "The Paris Wife" (historical novel about Hemingway's first wife) and "I Was Told There Would be Cake" (comedic essays- if you like David Sedaris, you'll love this)

Have a WONDERFUL vacation!

designchic said...

I just finished "The Red Thread" by Ann Hood...wonderful read ~ can't wait to read your picks! Have a wonderful vacation!!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!