Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Day of Gardening

Today is being spent tending to our garden! We have been growing a bunch of different plants in the greenhouse; from Alyssum to Marigolds and Peonies. When growing your own before planting them, it is really important to label the different groups with the names of the flowers and the colors. We started gardening yesterday and will continue today and it has been quite an art trying to decide which colors should be placed together and which flowers would work well with others. Hopefully when we are finished, all the combinations will work! We also have a little helper today!

We will be back tomorrow with some absolutely gorgeous gardens from our trip to Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson in Virginia. 

2 comments:

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I have my first vegetable garden this year and am finally getting some tomatoes from it. Its so fun to be able to get them from my backyard.

An Eye for Detail said...

Oh my goodness!!! You have a Westie! I am a Westie fanatic. They are the best...I even have a board on Pinterest named "Westie Sightings", so I'll pin this one! Would love to see more of your "helper"!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!