Monday, July 18, 2011

Some East Coast Lovin'

Having lived in San Francisco for almost six years now, I can honestly
say that it has become a place I happily call home. That being said, 
there is one season that makes me quite homesick. 

That's summer. There is nothing like an East Coast Summer. When 
San Fran is covered in fog and sixty degrees, the beaches of Martha's Vineyard
and Nantucket call my name. And the mountains of New Hampshire make 
me wish for just a small minute that I still lived on the East Coast. This post
is a simple dedication to summers on the East...

 Blueberry muffins from the Black Dog, MV

 Oudoor showers and sand in the bed after spending all
day at the beach, swimming in the ocean.

 Totally chic striped outfits

 Walking around cobblestone roads, in the warm air!

 Spending a whole weekend at a fabulous pool
Reading to my hearts content, with
a stack that keeps on giving.

 Splurging on a few great J.Crew pieces

 Sunsets at Menemsha

Early morning fog covering the White Mountains

9 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

I lived on Nantucket for 2 summers - and can honestly say they were some of my best memories to date!!!

xoxo Laura

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes!

Femme Curieuse said...

I feel exactly the same way - grew up on the East Coast and now live in LA, and nothing makes me more homesick than summer! There really is nothing like summer in New England.

Ms. Givens said...

I plan to retire on the East Coast. The sooner the better.

WhitneyR said...

I love San Francisco too. But WOW, the weather here sure does make me desire the beautiful summers in other places. I have yet to visit Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket but I plan to visit at least one next time I'm on the east coast.

The enchanted home said...

You totally captured the vibe, beautifully! I personally have to agree its hard to top a perfect summer day spent on MV, Nanctucket, Cape Cod or the Hamptons....just perfect!

DASI GLAM said...

I've never been there but it's so beautiful it was just included on my list. Very, very nice and very good description too!

danika herrick said...

Come on out! So funny though, I'm always so jealous of you California girls and how damn cool you all are. Grass is always greener I guess.
xo
Danika

kcinteriors said...

This all looks heavenly. I hear ya on SF summers. At least we've had a few warmish days recently. But the east coast def. has us beat for summer time.

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!