Friday, September 16, 2011

Fire in the Fireplace

Can you believe it, the time of year has come for a fire in the fireplace? The warm crackle of burning logs, the lovely glow from the flames.When we are in the mountains the fire burns all day and night. Sweetly tended to by Ron, the girls dad, that means four or five arm loads of logs a day. A warm fire is such an inviting place to gather with friends and family. Curling up next to it with a great book. Wow, how did we get here so fast? From warm sunny days to curling up next to the fire. Well, it's New England and our four seasons and they happen fast. Leaves will be turning with these shorter days and cold nights. 
Hope everyone has a great, cozy weekend.


*Image Compliments of House Beautiful

5 comments:

Cara said...

i cant wait for our 1st fire, maybe tonight?
Lilac and Grey

Marianne {Style For Living} said...

I love a roaring fire in the fireplace and I'm lucky to have 2 in my house. Can't wait for cooler temps so I can use them.

Dreamy Spaces said...

I LOVE that huge quartz on top of the fireplace. What a cool idea. That whole room looks very inviting. The symmetry is lovely, with just the right amount of off balance. :)

Alixandra Zapolski said...

I'm so excited for a cozy fire and a pumpkin spice latte! Yay for fall and design inspiration like this. I absolutely love the zebra stool and the gold mirror. I'm so glad I stumbled upon such a great daily read!

designchic said...

It's shockingly cool in NC tonight. After our 100+ Summer weather, it's a pleasant change. Happy Friday!!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!