Friday, September 30, 2011

Kitchen Island Dining

I love the idea of having bar stools lined up at an island for a casual 
option for dining in the kitchen. It is a great way to catch up with the family
without sitting down to a formal meal. It also makes great use of the island 
space in the kitchen. Growing up, we had a breakfast nook but I still always 
wanted the option of sitting up with my mom while she was cooking in the kitchen
and being totally involved with what she was doing. This is definitely a must-have
for my future dream home.

5 comments:

Jean Molesworth Kee said...

These are beautiful islands and I'm a fan of them as long as they don't totally take the place of the kitchen table. There is value to people, especially kids, facing one another when eating. : )

JMW said...

All gorgeous - more images to add to my "Dream Kitchen" folder. :)

Britt @ Dreamy Spaces said...

I love those pendant lights in the kitchen! Makes such a huge difference!!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Great images. I will have to put them into my kitchen files. One day I am going to re-do my kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Where can I find these islands? Or who built them?

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!