Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Barn Living at its Best

Could we say this is barn living at its best? This is a stunning converted 1790's cow barn in Greenwich CT. It is part of the original Mead family estate in Belle Haven. It is filled with warmth and character. The barn has beautiful beams that give the house a kind of strength, with wide plank reclaimed floors, and very large walk-in fireplaces.  The house has been designed with a modern edge that is a contrast to the age and form of the structure.This family home is beautifully decorated with Elizabeth Eakins rugs, fabrics from Rogers and Goffigon fabrics, and upholstery by Edward Ferrell. Enjoy this barnyard tour.






*Images compliments of Connecticut Cottages and Gardens

7 comments:

pretty pink tulips said...

I love that area of Greenwich and this is such a beautiful home!!! Elizabeth Eakins is always a favorite designer!!

xo Elizabeth

Post + Grant said...

This house is so gorgeous! We'd love to have a big Thanksgiving party here, surrounded by candles, friends and food!

A Vintage Vine said...

Oh wow, that is a beautiful house...The ceiling in the bedroom is amazing, thanks for sharing!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

I adore all the wood beams. The lantern above the table is amazing.

Dovecote Decor said...

My next house will be either a barn conversion or recreation. Since I posted a friend's barn in my post: "The best farm ever," I have been obsessed. My last post was Equestrian Style, which is a factor in the barn obsession. Thanks for the images for my future obsession file.
Best,
Liz

Cyndi said...

What a wonderful place to have a harvest feast! This post definitely gets me in the mood for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!
Cheers, Cyndi

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I'm pinning this right now. AMAZING!

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!