Monday, November 21, 2011

First Thanksgiving

When we decided to host Thanksgiving at our apartment this year, for the first time ever, 
we were totally excited! Then the reality set in, we were hosting
Thanksgiving! Hellllooo, that's a huge deal. Thank goodness for Moms. She immediately 
suggested I head on over to The Nest Magazine
They have a fantastic survival guide, 
with awesome recipes that you can click to or that
are featured like the yummy Holiday Thyme Cocktail!
We were planning on making brussel sprouts
and this recipe sounds perfect. 
It also shows how to cut a turkey, which
is so helpful!
Mom also suggested I get a few special 
things for the table. So I went on a very 
particular search for pieces that I could not only
use to make my table beautiful for the holiday, but 
that I could use year round!

This pretty bowl is $4.99 from Ikea!
The color of this serving dish 
is already one of my favorites!
Since I already have white china, 
I thought these pretty gold metallic rimmed dishes 
would be perfect to mix in, without having 
to buy a whole new set!
These celadon basic napkins from 
West Elm were too good to pass up!
Napkin rings or no?

When did you host your first Thanksgiving?
Was is scary? Or did it go off without a hitch?


12 comments:

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

I don't know what I would do without my mom either! It looks like your first time hosting Thanksgiving will be wonderful. I love brussel sprouts and that bowl from Ikea. Let us know how it goes!

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

I am hosting for the first time this year too...and reality set in last night:) I will have to check out this survival guide! Take care, Caroline

Taylor Greenwalt said...

If this is your first time hosting a holiday, remember to prepare as much as you can ahead of time. That way you can enjoy the day!

annechovie said...

You look like you're right on track with great style and recipes.
Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving! xx

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I have never hosted Thanksgiving, but always host Christmas Eve. It is so much fun to put together a menu and a tablescape. You will have a blast! Good luck and gobble, gobble!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I think I'm going to need to look into that Brussel Sprout recipe.. it looks yummy. Good luck hosting- it's such a big job to take on.

Jessie said...

I think you will be hosting one stylish Thanksgiving dinner. Love your menu and china selection!

P/S: Come by and enter my current giveaway for a chance to win a $65 gift cert (for some pretty designer pillows) if you like!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Martha Angus said...

Great info! My first thanksgiving dinner for my mother in law had a overcooked turkey and the whole thing was SO STRESSFUL! Where was this guide when I needed it? Martha

Kathysue said...

It sounds as if you are really prepared for the big Tday!!! It has been so long ago I don't even remember my first one, but I do remember one year that my husband insisted that I cooked the turkey upside down( I didn't!) but he would not let it go he kept saying it as he wwas carving the turkey, even my SIL was about ready to stab him with the fork, lol!!
Just a little trivia from Kathysue

Debby said...

Love the color of that serving dish too and it matches your blog! Hope your week is going well and Thanksgiving preparations are going smoothly. xo

designchic said...

What fun...love your picks!! It's going to be fabulous, I'm sure...can't wait to hear about it ~

StreetChic said...

nice post!!

IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://artsecommunication.blogspot.com/ U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!