Friday, June 27, 2014

Must Read Books for the Entrepreneur


There has been a shift from the historical role of women 
in the last 50 years that has influenced the new generation 
of women in the workplace. As a 25 year old female, 
I have been feeling a little bit lost as I feel the need to be 
working in a corporate company in a big city. While that may be great for some, 
I have the passion and drive to create my own business, peruse my entrepreneurial spirit
and make something of myself with this said business. I picked up three books recently,
that I wanted to share with you, all about making your dream a reality, quite frankly, 
how to be a badass at what you do and owning it. A creative twist on the idea of "self-help", 
these books will keep you interested and excited to learn about taking yourself 
and your business to the next level. 

#Girlboss is the story of Sophia Amoruso, founder of Nasty gal
an online powerhouse website that started as a very small business 
and is now a corporate powerhouse. This book is all about teaching you 
to trust your instincts, without sugar coating the truth. Smart and witty, 
this book will be one of the best things you can do for yourself! I 
have started this book, and literally cannot put it down.


Anther book that is all about finding yourself and your true you is: 
My mom told me about his book, and I am so glad she did. It is all about
standing up for yourself, pursuing your passion and not letting other people define you.
Written by Tabitha Coffey, this strong, independent business woman will
inspire you to be yourself and do what you love!


Emily, at Cupcake and Cashmere in one of her most recent Ask Emily series, 
gave advice to a reader who asked what to do if you're not happy in your current 
job/career and if you're not sure what direction you want to head in at all. 
Recently, before I really decided to dive into pursuing my own company 
(which I have been working on {on the side} for the past couple of years) 
I was feeling this exact same way. I haven't been happy working in the corporate 8-5 job 
with layers of drama and the stale corporate interiors that come with these kinds of jobs. 
It can be extremely daunting and scary to make the decision to step away from what 
society tells you is the right path for those of us just coming out of college and to 
forge forward towards what you're really passionate about and what gets you excited, everyday. 
Emily mentioned a book, What color is your Parachute
This book is a great guide for those of us looking to find what we really 
want to do and gives the tools needed to find the right fit - or in my case, 
how to guide me in the right direction with my own business. 
I highly recommend it for those readers that are having a hard time figuring things out!


This weekend you will find me with my nose deep in one of these books! Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!