Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Overflowing with Peonies


I'm jumping on the Peony bandwagon, but taking it one step further.
While at Trader Joe's this past weekend, 
I picked up a bouquet of bright pink peonies.
They are my absolute favorite flower and I just love 
this time of year when they are readily available. 
Trader Joes and Whole Foods are just overflowing with peonies 
in every color and walking out with a handful, just makes me happy. 
Not to mention they smell exquisite!


Speaking of peonies, I wanted to share beautiful peony artwork from Thomas Darnell.
When I first saw his work, I thought for sure it was a photograph. The images
have such precision and detail with crisp edges and beautiful colors - they are
extremely life like and for someone who loves peonies, I really felt like I hit
the artwork jackpot! Originally from Texas, Thomas took a leap of faith and moved
to France (swoon worthy, right!?) to pursue his passion for painting. His website 
features landscapes, abstracts and additional flower paintings, all of which are 
incredibly stunning. Enjoy!










2 comments:

christine said...

Love peonies! Such beautiful artwork.

http://www.christinebillingsdesign.com/

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Oh peonies really are the romantic girl's fave floral...next to Camelia which we hardly get here in SoCal! Loving this post, that mural is beyond!!!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Thank you!